Having to undergo infusion treatment on a regular basis can be disheartening. However, here at Cancer Care of North Florida, our team of IV-certified professionals provide top-notch care in a home-like setting. You’ll receive treatment in comfortable reclining chair with a warm blanket and WiFi access. We provide complimentary hot tea, coffee, cocoa and snacks. Cancer Care of North Florida strives to keep care as convenient and cost effective as possible.
At Cancer Care of North Florida, we carefully watch for side effects to treatment and provide urgent supportive care for conditions such as nausea/vomiting and dehydration. Our goal is to keep you at home and out of the hospital.
Factors our cancer care team considers when recommending treatment options include:
- The type and subtype of cancer
- The stage of the cancer (how far it has spread)
- Results of other tests on the tumor, such as biomarkers, molecular profiling and genetic testing
- The patient’s age
- The patient’s overall health and current medications
- Other serious health problems (such as heart, liver, or kidney diseases)
- Types of cancer treatments given in the past